Self Assessment tax return services that deliver

Your online Self Assessment tax return deadline is January 31, and preparing all the necessary documents on your own can be confusing if you aren’t used to it.

Plus, HMRC penalties for delaying your Self Assessment tax filing start right after the deadline, so you’ll definitely want to submit everything in advance!

Whether you’re self-employed, a company director or a contractor under the CIS scheme, our experienced tax specialists will ensure your returns are handled perfectly.


Why take the help of our Self Assessment tax return accountants


Our Self Assessment tax
return accountants can pick up


No matter how complex or simple your tax affairs, benefit from our experienced Self Assessment tax return accountants.


Got a question about the services our Self Assessment tax return accountants offer?

We list the common queries we get asked from time to time.

You are required to file Self Assessment returns if:

  • You are self-employed
  • You are a company director
  • You are a partner in a partnership
  • You are getting income from abroad
  • You own property or land that is being let
  • You have untaxed savings or investment income
  • You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t based in the UK
  • You’ve sold or given away an asset, such as shares or a holiday home
  • Your household receives child benefits, and you have income that exceeds £50,000
  • You have a large amount of savings or investment income (threshold as specified by HMRC)

Whatever the case – we at Lyel Accountants are happy to handle your Self Assessment returns.

If you take the help of our Self Assessment tax return accountants, the turnaround time will be quick as we’ve been doing this for a very long time.

However, the overall timeline also depends on how quickly you can provide them with all the necessary documentation and respond to their queries. Once they have everything they need, our staff might take a few days to a week to prepare and file the return, assuming no complex issues arise.

The earlier in the year you want to file your tax return the better. Many leave it until the last minute which could mean we are unable to process it in time if it is complex or if they fail to provide us with the required documentation. The best advice is to start the process in plenty of time. We can help throughout the year.

Self Assessment is a way for you to file details of your income and any tax paid in the previous financial year, either on paper or via the online portal; based upon which the HMRC can calculate how much your tax bill is and whether or not you need to pay any more or are owed a refund.

If you’re self-employed and think you have paid the extra tax, you can ask the Inland Revenue (IR) to repay you by filling in the next tax return. The IR can also credit extra tax to your account even if you didn’t ask for it, if your account shows you’re due a refund.

If you’re employed, you’ll need:

  • Your P60 form, which summarises your income and tax paid for the year.
  • If you’ve received any benefits or expenses from your employer, a P11D form will be necessary.
  • Payslips can also be helpful, especially if you’ve changed jobs within the tax year. It’s advisable to keep all records for at least 22 months after the end of the tax year they relate to.
  • Details of share dividends received.
  • Interest from savings accounts.
  • Any amounts of other sums of money which have not been taxed.
  • Details of charitable donations and pension payments as these are both are offset against your tax bill.

For self-employed individuals or business partners, essential records include:

  • Details of all business income and expenses.
  • Personal income from the business.
  • Capital expenditure.
  • VAT records if registered.
  • PAYE records if you employ others.

You should keep the records for at least five years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.

Ensure you have detailed records of other income sources, such as savings, investments, pension, rental income, foreign income, capital gains, and associated expenses or reliefs.

Records of charitable donations and pension contributions that qualify for tax relief and details of any student loan repayments will also affect your tax calculation.


Bespoke Self Assessment tax return services for

Our Self Assessment services for CIS contractors and subcontractors ensure accurate income reporting and tax calculation. We guide you through deductions specific to the construction sector, reducing tax liabilities legally and effectively.

Yes, we help healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and therapists, file their Self Assessment tax returns. Let us accurately report your income, claim relevant expenses, and minimise your tax bill.

If you’re a sole trader, a partner in a business, or running a limited company in the hospitality industry, ensure accurate tax reporting and help in claiming allowable expenses to reduce tax liabilities with our support.


Appreciation our clients
have showered on us


Keep up to date with all the latest industry
trends and company news